Monday, February 13, 2012

Mindless Behavior

I have been doing some really crazy things lately.  First, and this happened a couple of weeks ago, I had went to Sam's and bought Panera Bread Cheese & Broccoli soup (YUM-O).  I brought it home and ate one whole container the very same day!  A few days went by and I had a craving for some more of that soup.  I opened fridge and could not find it!  I was not a happy camper.

So this past Saturday I was feeding one of my kidlets a nutritious meal of Chef Boyardee Beefaroni.  I opened the cabinet to pull out a sauce pan and guess what I found?  My soup.  One week old.  I can almost taste the bacteria that must have been brewing!

So this past Wednesday night, I hurried to the grocery store with one kid in tow.  I had to pick up the other from her tutoring lesson and I had less than 10 minutes to grab some milk, apples, and wheat bread.  I pondered a little too long over that bag of apples ($5.99) and decided to leave them.  They could eat a sugared up fruit for all I care at that point--but NO way was I paying that much for apples.  I grab my cart (which I affectionately call a 'buggy', but I will spare you the pain of hearing that) and run to the check out.  Except, it wasn't my cart.  I panicked and immediately thought of that poor person who was surely walking around aimlessly looking for her cart.  I hustled it back to produce, passing one guy who had a big smile on his face so I knew he had probably seen her...and yep!  He said "She's back there looking for it...".  I go to the produce section and find this little old lady with three employees trying to help her locate it.  She was really nice about.  I even explained to her how my mind was all over the place.  I am glad I didn't pay for her groceries.  I do not like Rye or Pumpernickel bread.

Yesterday, I had many assignments due.  Assignments that will not be graded in any way.  I believe this is also known as busy work.  Two full days of thrombotic-producing busy work. I am sure that as long as I sat on that couch, my venous return has to be compromised.  So enough of that.  I did laundry, OCD-cleaned my house, and ran to the commissary.  I knew it would be crowded from after-church rush, but I could handle it.  So I get there, see the crowd, and as I venture further in, it is evident that there is no food.  I am on the Lunchable/salty meat/bread isle when this lady has a conversation with me about the shelves being wiped clean.  We talk and I tell her it gets worse over on the frozen foods.  I grab my cart and go strolling along.  "Ma'am, Ma'am, excuse me..."  I turn around and it was the no-Lunchable lady and she says "You took my shopping cart!!"  I turn back to look, and sure enough, there it is--her purse and everything.  I explained to her my earlier incident from Wednesday and she was so understanding.

I am mortified.  How am I missing all of this detail?  Running away with people's buggies!  I have got to get a grip on all this thoughtlessness!

1 comment:

  1. I awarded you the Liebster Blog Award! Read about it on my blog!!

    www.thetattooedfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete