Monday, June 11, 2012

Worst Blogger EVER!!!

I have had numerous requests for un updated blog post.  Okay, well 2 requests by the same person, but still...and that person is just being nosey.

I am just not feelin' it.  I have lost the warm butterfly feelings that I felt during my first semester in nursing school.  Is it because it is Summer??  Will the desire of reading NCLEX study guides come back to me?  I sure hope...for the future patient's sake!

I think I just have a case of Summeritis.  It is my first summer off since 2008.  I have picked up some wonderful literature...er--books.  I am Fifty Shades of Ashamed to name a few of them.  I have taken on a really pathetic existence.  I stay up until 3 a.m. doing nothing and then the next day I am up at 8 and then later depressed and agitated from my lack of sleep and most of all my desire to get more sleep.  Yes, I want to sleep more, but I just love all the stinking quiet that occurs in the middle of the night.  But then again, if I went to sleep, it would still be quiet.  But all of that will be over in a couple if days...

...because I am going to ALASKA!!!!  On Wednesday my Bestie and I will be taking the greatest state on Earth by storm in our 8 day road trip.  I have been researching and brushing up on my photography skills.  I have a Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS to assist me in my quest to get some really great shots.  Hopefully this lens will allow me to keep a safe distance from the hungry grizzly bears I hope to encounter!


I will make a solemn vow to update more frequently.  Maybe I can update live from the TUNDRA!  How awesome would that be?!  And I did just have one realization.  I have Summeritis because I just passed Statistics which I had put off taking for 4 YEARS!!  Yes, people (nosey ones included) I made a C.  It is more than I could have hoped for or even dreamed of.  Especially since last week I was worried about failing.  Truly a blessing to know that I am done with all of my Pre-reqs and able to graduate in May!!!
So I will make this voluntary oath.  Because I will have nothing else to do each night while trying to go to sleep, I will make every attempt to upload some pics and provide a daily journal of my travels.  It will benefit me greatly when trying to compile a post-journey scrapbook!

Until then...

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your summer! Nursing school and NCLEX questions will be there when you get back! :-) Have fun in Alaska. We are heading up there on a cruise for our 15th Wedding Anniversary... can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! AZmom when do you go? What is your itinerary? Because I used to live there, we fly by the seat of our pants instead of doing the touristy thing! But I am not knocking the touristy thing by any means!! I would love to cruise, but then I know that I wouldn't be able to visit friends and go do all of our old favorite things...restaurants, trails, stores, etc. Here is our plan:
      Weds (6/13): head to Seattle
      Thursday: tour around Seattle on some kind of bus and then leave for Fairbanks from SeaTac at 8ish. Arrive in Fairbanks at 10ish and get our rental. Hit a couple of late night hot spots looking for moose and whatever else.
      Friday: North Pole, Fairbanks
      Saturday: Fairbanks, head to Denali and spend the night in a tent cabin (hopefully bear proof)
      Sunday: up at 5 for our Denali bus tour 0730-2045. At 2045 we will leave and start south toward Anchorage
      Monday: Anchorage and surrounding areas all day
      Tuesday: Leave Anchorage and head to Whittier for our 6 hour ferry ride to Valdez for a B&B stay!!
      Weds: Some Valdez attractions and then a 6 hour drive back to Fairbanks to catch a very late night flight back home
      Thursday: 5 pm EST arrive back home!

      Let me know if I can answer any Alaska questions for you! I love that place!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh girl, you are not the worst blogger ever... I am! lol I sure hope that you are having a fabulous time in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete