Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A tearfully quick update

Well, not my tears. Not today anyway! Yes tears are being shed in my clinical group of 7. Tears of stress, tears of distress, and tears of duress. It is sad. It is sad to see people who are trying so hard, including myself, stressed out. This definetly calls for a nursing diagnosis: ineffective coping related to the stresses of nursing school/clinical rotation/really mean people with really mean attitudes. Yes people, the drama continues. It affects more than just me. So many people are complaining about the same team awesome clique. Our wonderful instructor is still fully aware of everything that is going on...the eye rolling, the disregard for others ideas, the complete insanity of it all. It all feels so inescapable to me. Today the #1 culprit called me by my last name instead of addressing me by my first name in a respectful manner. I will call myself "doe". She said "Doe, can you move so I can get to my bag?". Excuse me, but I am not in the US military. I am not a football or baseball player. I am a respectable person who deserves respect from others.

Favorite nursing home quote of the week..."it is important for water to flush your commode just as it is important for water to flush your body". Never thought of myself as a living commode!

No comments:

Post a Comment