Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Nervous about tomorrow...

I am not sure what to think about this mammogram business.  I hear horror stories on the pain involved, but I have a pretty high pain tolerance (I think).  The only thing I worry about is the pain that I already have will be exacerbated by the pressure involved with the mammogram.
What I expect:
1. Cold plates
2. Not worried about the modesty part (I have popped out two kids mind you)
3. Pain.  Pinching.  Bruising?  Who knows!
4. Anxiety in the interim of waiting for test results.

Like I have said before, I would LOVE for this to be a case of eczema or rash or even PREGNANCY!!  Yes!  My secret is out.  I would rather be pregnant and deal with the happiness of a new baby AND the stress of nursing school and having two other kids than go through any of this!!  And by the way, because I know that I will be undergoing tests involving radiation, I went and bought two pregnancy tests which were both negative.  Just trying to take all the precautions I can.

As far as the appointment with the surgeon, I want to press for immediate treatment.  I have no time to waste.  The ball must get rolling.  I need some kind of peace of mind or confirmation so that I can move on and do what needs to be done.

I will update tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you!!! Biggest advice for your mammogram....relax, as much as you can. If your hunching your shoulders up and squeezing your shoulder blades together, it will make it worse. Just relax. Remember, take deep breaths and think of a beautiful place. Sending warm thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just updated about my experiences from yesterday! It is a little long-winded and I feel like I am writing a novel! Sorry for that. Hope all is well with you!

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete