Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Final-ly

I took my last regular exam today in Pharmacology.  It was a Doozie!  I don't know how on Earth I pulled an 82.5 but I did.  Before I came home and checked my grade (as a rule of thumb I DO NOT look at my grade at school--depression) I just knew that I must have made something like 60. But before I left the school I had to turn in my "Who's Who Among College Students" application.  I was nominated for this and still have to be chosen among a pool of applicants.  I don't think it is really a big deal, but I thought it would look good on a resume one day.  Anyway, one of my awesome faculty members wrote me a letter of recommendation.  I picked this up from her, walked across the campus, went to the wrong building first and then turned it in.  I had to do it today because the deadline was 5 p.m.  So I get home and I pull my grade up on the screen.  I turn the screen to hubby who replies, "what exam number was it again?"  His facial expressions are deceiving at this point and then he says "Well you made an 82.5 so that's a C.  That's good right?"  No, silly that is a B!!

That test was wretched and it could have only been the prayers being said in its honor that I passed.  Yes, that's right, I have resorted to having people pray for my test scores!  I need all the prayers I can get.  I would like to point out that since I began asking for Exam Day prayers, my scores have increased.  It HAS to be the power of prayer!

FINALS begin Wednesday, December 7.  I have a test in Health Assessment class covering EVERYTHING I have learned since August 15th.

My Final for Professional Clinical Nursing, which is the trickiest of classes is the very NEXT day!  Thursday.  I shudder at the thought of all the studying I will be doing (cramming) in the next 24 hours.

The part that I hate is that even if I do well on these tests, I will still have a B overall.  It could be worse.  If you review my posts from 2 months ago I was a mess!  In total despair.  I just knew I would never make it.  Look at me now!

So I am officially taking prayers for my upcoming exams.  Please keep me in mind, even if it is even for a quick second.

I would like to mention my *new* friend.  The one that I meet in the dark.  On the stairs.  Late at night.  She told me she didn't like the town where we live until she met me!  Isn't that sweet?  I think it is.  I wish that our schedules were more compatible. She is much more "early to bed, early to rise", where I am "late to bed and wish I never had to rise"!  But with my upcoming Christmas break I hope to spend more time with her.  She is just fun!  We laugh.  It is nice to have someone actually listen to what I have to say.  I get so wrapped up with all the meanies in nursing school and forget that there are actually kind, caring people still left in this world.

One more note, and this is specifically for myself to remember, I started a new journey tonight.  One where I am looking for answers.  I am really hoping to find them.  I think everything is going to be alright.  Curious, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment