Thursday, December 29, 2011

First Glamorous Biopsy

Yesterday, December 27, I had a nipple biopsy.  It was heart wrenching watching a part of my body being thunked into a sterile specimen container by Dr. No Bedside Manners.  I had two stitches which will be removed next Tuesday.  The specimen, formerly a part of my body, will be sent to pathology and the results should be back in one week's time.  The doctor stated that the hospital is low on pathologists and that if were to be sent out, the timeframe for results would be about two weeks.  This biopsy is specifically screening for Paget's Disease of the Nipple.

I am currently waiting on a breast care representative at the hospital to call and schedule me for an ultrasound guided biopsy to aspirate the two 5mm cysts that according to the mammography are both solid.  Not too sure what that means.  I guess I will find that out soon.

On the upside to all of this, I did score some Percocet!  That should make anyone happy, right??  I am planning on putting a complaint in for the doctor.  He has absolutely no care toward any type of emotion I have.  He is straight forward and to the point and I just think it is inhumane.  When you have a 32 year old female patient going through what I am going through, there should be some compassion on the part of the medical personnel caring for a patient.  He seemed disgruntled when I asked what type of bandage I should wear for the next week until my stitches are removed.  Hopefully next week will be the last time I have to see him.  Hopefully.

When I took a shower this morning I was expecting the worst.  Awful, wretched pain.  I felt nothing so that's a good thing.

Here are a few more pictures from Christmas.  I have been trying to "rediscover" my camera during my break from school.  I am considering taking a photography class in January to help me figure out all of the configurations on my DSLR.  I also want to do this for my upcoming trip to Alaska!!
Me, testing out the lighting for my Christmas family picture that never happened

My Pansy and I

My wonderful hubby!  I couldn't do anything without him <3

My sweet girl turns 9!  I wish the time would quit flying by :-(

 
The Loser's Table of our annual Christmas card game playoff called "Hollywood"!

The Winner's table...

No comments:

Post a Comment