Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Caution! Photo Heavy Post Ahead!!

Okay, maybe not too photo heavy!  I started a new blog post earlier today and my session timed out.  Gone with that session time-out is all of my original wittiness about drugs being excreted in your urine and then traveling right back to your kitchen sink, UNLESS, of course you live somewhere like Alaska where you have a well supplying your water.  Soo...I will try and recreate my wittiness:   I was describing in my previous post how drugs are classified and that many of them have the same actions.  For example, antibiotics are great for killing the microorganisms (bacteria) living in your body, but they also kinda kill your organs, too!  Like your kidneys and liver!  Hepatotoxicity watch out!  So with these drugs wreaking havoc on your kidneys, the nurse must be aware that urine output must be monitored.  Fun stuff.

And now for a fun fact:  there are many drugs that us humans take that are never completely absorbed by the body.  They are therefore excreted in your toilet.  Now you may ask yourself the question, "How many or what drugs from others am I consuming when I drink a big glass of tap water?  Maybe I can consider that for research next year as a SENIOR!  Until then, you may have noticed at your local hospital or Physician's office they have a disposal container for old medications.  This is because people dump their meds down the toilet, expired or not, and these disposals obviously are offered for the reason of reducing water pollution by prescription/OTC drugs.  Merry Christmas to you!
I am feeling geographically displaced.  This ornament only confirms it for me!


So an update on school, which is technically why I am here, right!?  I had my final class yesterday.  Also, a test in which I scored an 86 on!  I am sooo relieved!  This means that I can make a 55 on my final and still pass the class.  Of course, I strive to do better than this but you never know!  I have a Pharmacology exam on December 5th that covers anti-Diabetic drugs, Adrenal/Thyroid meds, Antibiotics, and a few others I can't remember right now.  I must get going on that!
Trying so hard to "act" like she is trimming the tree!


Monday evening we decided it was time to trim the tree.  The tree, however wasn't very cooperative.  It is half-lit.  Yep.  I have no brain power to expend on problem solving.  So after much thought I have decided our tree will simply be "unique".

No comments:

Post a Comment