Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Most Awesomest!

I have the most AWESOME clinical group EVER!!  I look back and feel "shortchanged" compared to last semester.  Here is a great example of why it is the BEST:

Me: "Yes, I did live in Alaska..."
Group Members: "WOW!  What was it like?  Did you love it? etc..."
Me: "Yes"
Group: <laughing, giving feedback, etc.>

An example from last semester:

Me: <talking to myself>
Group Members: "She is such a stupid &#&$@(* B&@*$"
Group Members: <Rolling eyeballs at the sight of my existence>
Group Members: <Loud, obnoxious, hateful bullies!>
Me: <inhibited learning experiences which do not amount to the $25,000 in tuition that I am paying>

Seriously, I am done with the last semester chatter.  If you miss it, an archive is located over to the right --->



I am now focusing only on the positive experiences that are going on.  It is time to move forward!  So to start things off...yesterday we took a tour of the hospital with our instructor.  I love traveling through the internal arteries of the hospital (staff hallways).  It's funny because even though it is staff only, you always see some stray person roaming around, lost.  The HIGHLIGHT was our visit to the cooler.  Yep, upon MY suggestion we had the opportunity to possibly see a toe tag.  Lucky enough for the person who hasn't had their tag placed, there was no one home.  Now I consider it to be totally out of the nurses scope of practice to want to visit the morgue/autopsy room, but when I mentioned it my instructor lit up like the 4th of July!  She was so excited that I had asked, and in the end, so was the rest of my group.  The Autopsy room (currently vacant) was just like what you would see on TV.  Grayish/Blue in overall appearance, a table in the center with pipes leading down to the floors, drains, a fridge for organs, etc.  Definitely a cool experience, but hopefully I will never grace that place with my presence (or lack thereof).

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! The morgue must have been so interesting. I must say...I would have been happy with the vacant room. (insert heebie jeebies here) YAY for most AWESOME clinical group!!!!

    ReplyDelete