Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Almost done...

I am taking my final pathophysiology test tomorrow morning. When I began this class 10 weeks ago I expected to either fail miserably or at least make a C. Well, I have managed to pull an A! I seriously need to work on my self confidence. This class has taught me that I need to pay closer attention to detail. There were several assignments that I missed one silly little thing and the professor took off 20 points! Tis is also the professor that will be teaching me pharmacology starting next week. Note to self, make checklists! I will not be at the mercy of this woman's red ink pen! I am in my final week of preparations to begin school. I sat at the financial aid office today for two hours waiting to decline the $6000 they were trying to give me in student loans. I REFUSE to graduate in debt up to my eyeballs. I will not fall into the same category as thousands (or millions) of other college students. I will continue to make sacrifices where I can to assure that that will not happen.
We had a really great time in Florida this past weekend. It was hot and terribly muggy but that is what is to be expected in August! I had every intention to post pics on my new blog as soon as we got back but of course I forgot my camera! One problem I have when staying in hotels are those flashbacks from shows like 20/20 where they go behind the scenes with blacklights and show you what's really hiding between your hotel sheets. Because of this I constantly wear my shoes around the room...and cringe when I have to get in the shower.
Now that I am done with my class I plan to squeeze in as much leisurely reading as possible. Kristin Hannah has become one of my favorite authors. She writes of hope, faith, and sadness (not in that order). The first book I read of hers was Night Road. One of the best books ever! Well, maybe not better than my Twilight series but then again that is a totally different genre! So, I highly recommend it and Night Road is a great introductory book to her style of writing. I wonder how many books I can squeeze in before life ends on Monday?!?
Pictures are coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment