Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A quick update

Today it was 105 degrees. Absolutely, ridiculously miserable! Unfortunately I had errands to run today. I bought $483 worth of nursing books today which was only six books (medical dictionary, NCLEX review guide, nursing fundies, heart and lung sounds CD, drug guide, and nutrition book). I still have 12, yes...12 more books to buy. All together they will end up costing $1700. I am thanking my lucky stars I have a scholarship that completely covers the cost of these. I tnk it is ridiculous that so many are required. It will be interesting to see how many are actually used.
The end of hanging out with my kids for the summer makes me kinda sad. While they are at school I actually miss the little buggers and can't wait for them to come bounding through the door.
I have been pondering how I am going to simplify my life to effectively and sanely make it thru my first semester. I am talking specifically about meal planning, laundry and cleaning. I am a clean freak! I use cleaning as a diversion from studying. I must stop this erratic behavior. My cooking habits aren't much better either. I feel the need to prepare large meals each night that require way too much time to prepare and just as much time to clean up. Thanks to my HE washer and dryer I am able to knock out significant amounts if laundry in no time! So I can officially knock laundry off my list. One less thing to stress over.
I am going to be stretched in many different directions. Thankfully I have someone to watch my kids. That stress was relieved not too long ago. I am hoping my kids will step up to pack their own lunches this year. My mom thought this idea was appalling! Lol. I think this is the least they could do to help around the house!
So two more day until we leave for Florida. It will be a really nice break from a seemingly hectic summer. Maybe soon I will be able to post some pics!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I know...the books are ridiculously expensive....it will pay off in the end!!

    ReplyDelete