Thursday, August 25, 2011

My blood pressure prayer

"Dear Lord, please help me figure out this diastolic blood pressure. I just can't seem to get it. I feel as though I am the only one. I have been listening hard, diligently, no less. I am following all of the rules. I have even tried listening for the Kentucky and Tennessee sounds that I read about in my health assessment book. Just please let it happen for me soon. Amen."

On a lighter note, we have been blood pressuring it up in school. We have to find the arterial occlusion pressure and then add thirty to that number before we begin pumping the sphygmanomaomanomonometer (lol). I am proficient in naming and palpating the 9 lymph node sites. I am coming along with my safe entry, safe exit. I have been using my beautiful cocker spaniel as my patient for that. She must think I am crazy. She is probably saying "If you stick that cuff over my paw so help me....", but she is a trooper. I found this awesome new feature on my awesome new iPhone called voice memo. With it I can record lectures, my method for safe entry and exit, and steps for obtaining blood pressure all in my own, cute little voice. It is amazing!

So I have found the most awesome nursing videos on YouTube. Actually you can just googlesomething like "nursing videos hdryver ". That is the lady's name who makes them. She is super spunky and a nurse that I aspire to be. Check it out! She is so funny and matter of fact at the same time!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry!!! Some BP's are tough!! Just keep practicing!! Practice on everyone you know, that's what I did. The more you do it, the better you become!! One day you'll be able to do it without even auscultating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have you been ? I check daily for your posts and nothing!! Lol. I just posted a new one, or two. I passed my BP test just fine. Check me out!

    ReplyDelete