Friday, August 19, 2011

Can you say OVERWHELMED?!?

So I have officially completed my first week of nursing school! It has been an amazing feat. It started off with me being sooo nervous about having an encounter with Mrs. Faux Fortunate. Well, I did! She sits two rows behind me. I, being the stellar student that I am sit on the front row! That shows that she is not too stellar. So to back things up just a little, I arrived thirty minutes prior to class starting. Tis would provide me the opportunity to get my seat that I wanted. It worked. We get a break every 50 minutes to use the bathroom and go outside for a Vitamin D infusion. Well, I had went to the second floor bathroom and I was heading back to the stairwell guess whonwas coming right toward me?!? I smiled, simply because I was caught off guard, and said "hey". Mrs. Faux, being the real pill that she is, almost dislocated her neck swinging it away from me to ensure that I would know I was not welcome to speak to Her Highness. I hope she gets a Charliehorse. That is what she deserves! Anyway, so I went back to my other acquaintance and told her of this event. For some reason my acquaintance acquaints herself with Mrs. Faux. Why? Because their kids play together she says. So I gave her the scenario that if I knew someone that was treating her badly, I would not justify my friendship with them because my kids play with hers. It drives me nuts. Why can't people see exactly what is front of them?

Back to school, which IS the reason for this blog...the first two days were horrendous! It was all orientation and I think that they were basically trying to scare our socks off. Yes, I know I will be busy in nursing school, but overall, is it really THAT difficult? Last semester I took 8 classes. Yep, 8. I am pretty familiar with medical terminology, I understand all the basics of human care. Pharmacology calculations seem to be easy so far. I am good at ratios and proportions. I guess the hard part there will be remembering Meds.

My first clinical rotation is September 26th at the local nursing home. I have a really positive outlook on that. I fear the bed bath. I never even considered that nurses would give bed baths. I don't know what I was thinking. So I just wanted to update to let off some steam about Mrs. Faux. More later as it comes to mind!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, I sat in the front row too in school!! We are two peas in a pod! Who's the "faux" girl, what did she do to you?!! Hand in there, the first few weeks of anything just suck, as you can tell from my blog these days. Don't worry, the bed baths will get easier, you'll get used to seeing lots of nakedness in the days to come. You got it, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsy, I have an updated blog post just for you!

    ReplyDelete