Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sherlock Holmes

I have always have this amazing gift of intuition.  It comes from being inquisitive.  I have always said that I could be a crime scene investigator.  If I was not so scared of guns I would have TOTALLY been a cop.  I love the drama.  I like to look in on drama, rather than being part of it.  Nursing must be the next best thing.

Today I spent the afternoon with a new friend.  We meet outside sometimes.  In the dark.  She saved my life several months ago by being able to provide childcare for my kiddos when I was in desperate need.  Today we made a boob cake.  Well, she made the cake portion and I attempted to help with the fondant.  Our futile attempts did not pay off until after I had left.  It was fun though.

For the first time in a long time we went to my parents house for the evening.  Nursing school has gotten in the way of any semblance I have/had of a social life.  I guess that is why it is such a thrill to meet friends in the dark late at night.  I have a whole month off coming up in December.  I cannot decide on surgery.  It is such a tough decision to make.  Especially with a prospective surgery date of December 13.  My last final is on December 12.  That leaves no "me" time.

These past two days have not been very productive in the nursing school arena.  I have to go back on Monday and then I am off for a week.  Tonight I made a comment to my dad that I am just not in the Christmas spirit.  My timelines are all messed up.  I have spent the past few months obsessing over school and have not realized that time is passing quickly and seasons have changed.  My dad reassured me that I am doing the right thing by maintaining my focus on school.  That made me feel better.  Better because we never see them either.  Everything seems like such a hassle to me.  I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment